An unimaginative lunch

4 Apr

Lunch today was fairly uneventful.  I ran home to let the tiny puppins out (she didn’t get much of a walk this morning thanks to the monsoon) and enjoyed my food whilst finishing last night’s episode of the Real Housewives of the OC.  I really don’t know why I keep watching that show, the OC seems to have gone to the dumpster.

I heated up leftover artichoke crusted chicken, some overly roasted (burnt) broccoli and cauliflower and some delicious canned green beans.

The Spread

Canned cut green beans are the only canned vegetable I can tolerate, not exactly sure why, but I sure do love ‘em.

Canned goodness.

And some veggies I enjoy best drenched in garlic and burnt to a crisp.  And sprinkled with cheese.

Beneath the black exterior it really is broccoli and cauliflower.  I swear.

For my artichoke crusted chicken I mostly followed this recipe.  I traded mayo for Greek yogurt and white cheddar cheese for romano because that’s what I had on hand.  Next time I’ll probably make sure I make it with the cheddar, my version was more tangy than creamy thanks to the Greek yogurt.  I’ll probably broil it a bit longer, too.  I kept it on the short side since I knew I would be reheating the chicken and I did not want to dry it out.

Beige-y

Am I the only one that has an irrational fear of canned vegetables? I normally go for frozen if I don’t get fresh produce.

Are you hooked on the Housewives? Sadly I watch them all.  I never got into Miami, but apparently no one else did either since they brought the season to an early end.  Allegedly.

About these ads

6 Responses to “An unimaginative lunch”

1. Ash April 4, 2011 at 9:00 pm #

I’m a sucker for the housewives as well! Not the NYC and Jersey ones though, but the OC was def my original fav until Atlanta came along. That chicken looks goooooood btw!

• linzlikewhoa April 4, 2011 at 10:09 pm #

I looove ATL… I wish they played those ladies year round.

2. [SMASH] April 4, 2011 at 9:34 pm #

We always had canned green beans growing up so I don’t mind them either! Everything else I generally buy frozen because I’m a lazy bitch AND I don’t want the veggies to go bad before I get to use ‘em. Your lunch was better than mine.

• linzlikewhoa April 4, 2011 at 10:10 pm #

I feel your pain, I’ve wasted hundreds of dollars in produce gone bad. Oops.

3. Lesley @ racingitoff April 4, 2011 at 10:27 pm #

Blech on canned veggies. I grew up with them, but can’t stand them now. Frozen are healthier anyhow. :-) I can’t stand frozen broccoli and cauliflower though… I like those firm, not mushy.

Artichoke chicken sounds delicious!!!!!

4. nataliegracie April 5, 2011 at 2:27 am #

I’m drooling over that chicken and am totally making it next week! We don’t buy too many canned veggies – it kind of freaks me out that they can sit in cans FOREVER and not go bad. Green beans is the only one we buy I think, with the exception of corn sometimes, but we usually buy that fresh or frozen depending on season.